IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (“EULA”) BEFORE USING PAGEBOOST SOFTWARE.
THIS EULA HAS BEEN UPDATED AND WILL BE EFFECTIVE FOR NEW USERS AS OF JANUARY 1ST, 2023.
The PageBoost software is a browser add-on/extension that provides the service of blocking advertisements and trackers from the web pages shown by any browser on which you can install the PageBoost software (as may be subject to future updates and/or upgrades, “Software”). The Software requires an Internet connection to function.
NO LICENSE IS GRANTED UNDER THIS EULA, AND THIS EULA EXPRESSLY EXCLUDES ANY RIGHT, CONCERNING ANY SOFTWARE THAT YOU DID NOT ACQUIRE LAWFULLY OR THAT IS NOT A LEGITIMATE, AUTHORIZED COPY OF PAGEBOOST’S SOFTWARE.
- GNU and Other Third Party Licenses: The Software may include some software programs that are licensed (or sublicensed) to You under the GNU General Public License (GPL) or other similar open source or free software licenses which, among other rights, permit the user to copy, modify and redistribute certain programs, or portions thereof, and have access to the source code (“Open Source Software”). If such licenses require that the source code of any such Open Source Software included in the Software be made available, then the source code shall be made available to You upon Your sending a request to email@example.com. If any Open Source Software licenses require that the Rightholder provide rights to use, copy or modify any Open Source Software that are broader than the rights granted in this EULA, then such rights shall take precedence over the rights and restrictions herein.
- Responsibility for Use of Software. You are responsible and liable for all uses of the Software, included uses by your Personnel, through access thereto provided by You, directly or indirectly.
- Intellectual Property Rights. You acknowledge and agrees that the Software is provided under license, and not sold, to you. You do not acquire any ownership interest in the Software under this EULA, or any other rights thereto other than to use the same in accordance with the license granted, and subject to all terms, conditions and restrictions, under this EULA. PageBoost reserves and shall retain its entire right, title and interest in and to the Software and all intellectual property rights arising out of or relating to the Software, except as expressly granted to you in this EULA. You shall safeguard all Software (including all copies thereof) from infringement, misappropriation, theft, misuse or unauthorized access.
- Term and Termination
- Export Regulation. The Software is subject to US export control laws, including the US Export Controls Act and associated regulations and may be subject to other US and foreign laws and regulations governing the export of software by physical and electronic means. You must also comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the Software. These laws include restrictions on destinations, end users, and end use. You must not, directly or indirectly, export, re-export or release the Software to, or make the Software accessible from, any jurisdiction or country to which export, re-export or release is prohibited by law, rule or regulation. You shall comply with all applicable US federal laws, regulations and rules, and complete all required undertakings (including obtaining any necessary export license or other governmental approval), prior to exporting, re-exporting, releasing or otherwise making the Software available outside the US. You represent and warrant that (a) you are not located in a country that is subject to a US Government embargo, or that has been designated by the US Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (b) you are not listed on any US Government list of prohibited or restricted parties. You agree to comply with all applicable US and foreign laws that apply to PageBoost as well as end-user, end-use, and destination restrictions imposed by the US and/or foreign governments.
- US Government Rights. The Software and any accompanying documentation are commercial items, as such term is defined in 48 C.F.R. §2.101, consisting of "Commercial Computer Software" and "Commercial Computer Software Documentation", as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. §12.211, 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202, as applicable. Accordingly, if you or the Entity you are acting for is the US Government or any contractor therefor, you shall receive only those rights with respect to the Software as are granted to all other end users under license, in accordance with (a) 48 C.F.R. §227.7201 through 48 C.F.R. §227.7204, and other relevant sections of the Code of Federal Regulations with respect to the Department of Defense and their contractors, or (b) 48 C.F.R. §12.212, with respect to all other US Government licensees and their contractors.
- Force Majeure. PageBoost and its affiliates shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations if such failure is as a result of an event outside the reasonable control of PageBoost. In such case PageBoost will use reasonable efforts to mitigate the effect of any such event. If such event continues for more than one (1) calendar month, either party may terminate the EULA with respect to services not yet performed upon written notice.
- AGREEMENT & COMMUNICATIONS. YOU AGREE TO THIS EULA ELECTRONICALLY AND AUTHORIZE PAGEBOOST TO PROVIDE ANY INFORMATION AND NOTICES REGARDING THE SOFTWARE IN ELECTRONIC FORM. PAGEBOOST MAY PROVIDE NOTICES TO YOU (1) VIA E-MAIL; (2) ON THIS PAGE OR A SIMILAR PAGE OF THE SITE; OR (3) VIA THE SOFTWARE. The delivery of any notice is effective when sent or posted, regardless of whether you read the notice or actually receive the delivery. It is your responsibility to check this EULA periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Software following the posting of any changes to this EULA constitutes acceptance of those changes. You can withdraw your consent to receive notices electronically by discontinuing your use of the Software.